To all developers bugs or defects are always their enemy that they want to kill off. Especially when they are in progress of developing apps or websites for clients the bugs issue becomes more important, because it can cause a lot of problems and slow down their team work.
To deal with that problem developers often find help from defect management tools, but in the market there are a wide range of options, so what kinds of bugs management software which they should list on their reference?
- JIRA: Thousands of software professionals use JIRA as a bug-tracking tool because of its easy to use framework. JIRA is a commercial product and helps to capture and organize the team issues, prioritizing the issue and updating them with the project. It is a tool that directly integrates with the code development environments making it a perfect fit for developers as well. Due to its capability to track any kind of issues it is not just restricted to the software industry, it supports agile all kinds of IT projects.
Here are some of its use cases:
- For bug tracking: Jirais primarily used for tracking bugs related to software and apps as they are being developed. It enables teams to find, record, and track bugs. It also provides a system to assign them to the right person or team at the right time.
- For product/project management: As a product or project management software, it allows users to assign the needed tasks to complete the product/project. It also has tools such as views and reports that provide information about due dates and statuses. The team is able to collaborate with each other, provide feedback, as well as manage approvals for requests or changes.
- Kanban software development: Jiraincludes flexible Kanban boards to give users full visibility into what has been done, what is currently being done, and what still has to be done. Using the Kanban system to develop software allows the team to properly prioritize their work, visualize the workflow, and minimize work-in-progress.
- Scrum software development: Agile teams use it to develop software using the Scrum method. They are able to stay focused on their iterations at a fast pace. Customizable scrum boards enable them to deliver incremental value in an organized way.
- For project tracking and management: Jirais a preferred project tracking and management software by software developers and IT teams. It supports both traditional and agile project management. It is centralized and highly customizable, and its workflows allow users to control the status of the project and how it transitions to other statuses, providing excellent tracking information.
ASSEMBLA: this set of tools and services presents users with a powerful yet flexible platform that integrates activity management, tasks, tools, and code in a single project workplace. It is a perfect tool for Agile and distributed Teams, as well as for IT managers, IT agencies, and development shops. With Assembla your team are able to :
- Effectively eliminate bugs and issues
- Improve and manage development process
- Efficiently organize releases for apps and other systems
- Merge and maintain codebases that are sustainable
- Compare and contrast revisions
- Collaborate quickly and effectively wikis, message boards and file-sharing
- Monitor and manage multiple projects, commitments, users, time, and workspaces among others with a cross-view perspective
- Deliver projects on time and within budget
- Enjoy 24/7 support via phone, chat, and email
TRELLO: itis an incredible web-based project management and collaboration tool that would help you plan your projects in one platform. It is incredibly visual and highly adaptable, making your life easier when you have several people working on your project. The ease of working with Trello is because of its three tier information system – Boards, Lists and Cards. The projects and their information would be organized into Boards, which would contain Lists. The Lists will be assigned titles and will have their own Cards. It is these Cards that comprise the basic unit of a Trello Users can drag and drop different lists on a particular board, complete tasks on these lists, create as many boards as you want, save them on the cloud or on your profile, whichever you prefer. With Trello you can:
- Share files (incl. photos & videos) with your team members
- Comment on a card to update workers
- Keep track of to-do lists
- Set colored labels according to priority
- Perform batch handling of cards in a list
- Insert new cards; this is absolutely limitless
- REDMINE: It is an open source bug tracking tool that integrates with SCM (Source Code Management System). It supports multiple platforms and multiple data-bases, and for reporting purpose, Gantt charts and calendar are used. Redmineis a project management web application developed using Ruby on Rail framework. Some of the RedMine features include:
- Gantt chart and calendar
- News, document and files management
- This bug reporting tool provides SCM integration
- Issue creation via e-mail
- Supports multiple databases.
- Flexible issue tracking system
- Flexible role based access control
- Multi-language support
- BUGZILLA: it is an open source bug tracking tool that gives development and testing teams a system to track bug fixes and code changes in software development, application development and deployment. Users can streamline communication between team members regarding bugs to be fixed and record multiple projects at one time. It is free to use, and Some of its features are:
- E-mail notification for change in code
- Reports and Charts
- Patch Viewers
- List of bugs can be generated in different formats
- Schedule daily, monthly and weekly reports
- detect duplicate bug automatically
- Setting bug priorities by involving customers
- Predict the time a bug may get fixed